Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trying to Patch Things Up

I was in a hurry to go home the other night. I know Rodel was waiting for me. I felt pity on him because of our situation. It was past 7pm. He was there, in front of the bakery, smiling at me as I dropped off the jeep.

Before we go home, we bought “isaw” and rice. He doesn’t want to eat any food prepared by mom. Mom and Mylene were having dinner when we got home. They invited us to eat dinner. We just didn’t answer. I took plates inside our room and there Rodel ate his dinner. I am not in the mood to eat.

We talked to Mom after Rodel finished his meal. We explained why Rodel don’t eat meals she prepared. Her “idea” of not including us in their meals really plus emphasizing her “pag-aabono sa pagkain” hurt us; that we felt total stranger in our own house. She said she’s mad at me coz I asked her to leave our room last Saturday. I did that because I was in a hurry and don’t want her to be inside our room. That’s the reason she’s trying to explain but that reason is not related to the “ideas” she said to me last Saturday night. We end up with no resolution. She left and went to my brother’s house. She’s avoiding us, avoiding discussing it.

Yesterday, my two brothers talked to me. They said we should just ignore mom’s idea and asked Rodel to eat. I cannot force Rodel. I know him. Except from eating meals prepared by mom, Rodel is still the same, giving respect to mom, talking and helping her in house chores. He just doesn’t want to add to the burden of Mom when it comes to money.

No comments: