Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sometimes Money Matters A Lot

When I got home the other night, I noticed that Rodel was so silent. I learned from Mom that he had not eaten his lunch yet. I asked him what happened. He said he was not in the mood. He also admitted that he feels out of place in our house because he noticed that my brothers seldom talk to him and even avoiding him. I feel so guilty for my brothers because I noticed that too. I know he wanted to cry and how sad he is. He said it is okay for him as long as I am with him because he knows that he will not be living with them but with me.

The following night was still the same. He was not in the mood. He was sad. Added to his sadness was the possibility of drawing back our dream business. We need to move house and find a parking space for the tricycle to be given by P&G. We have no money for house deposits. We agreed that if the business does not push through till end of the month, we will withdraw our money. If things don’t agree with our plans, Rodel will start looking for job.

One of the ideas that came to Rodel’s mind was for us to separate for a while. He plans to stay to his brother. I suddenly remembered when C and I was still together, money was the main reason why we decided to separate ways. There was this rich lady who was totally in-love with C. He owed her with a really “big amount” which he could only pay if he will leave me and be with her. Since I don’t have money, I can’t do anything. I don’t know now if they are still together. I'm glad I've discovered earlier that he is after for money not for love; although I felt that he and his family really loved me during our relationship.

Going back to Rodel’s idea, I cried a lot after hearing what he said. He smiled at me and said, he will not leave me because I am the only person he chose to be with for the rest of his life.

No comments: