Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Shoes for New Sport

After the UDD monthly meeting last Friday, hurriedly I went to Guadalupe Mall where Rodel was waiting for me. The shoes we bought last Thursday was bigger by an inch. So he asked me to accompany him to exchange the shoes. It was good that the salesman who assisted us last Thursday was there. After telling him the size of Rodel’s feet, he immediately gave an 8 ½ size shoes.

Excited with his new shoes, our previous plan of playing badminton was finally happened. It was just 5 o’clock in the morning of Saturday, Rodel asked me to get up and prepare for our badminton challenge. Both of us have no knowledge in playing the said sports. At 6am, we were already at Makati Park and Garden. The park was full of joggers, people playing badminton and those who are waiting for the start of aerobic dance.

We played for 2 hours. Rodel murmured that he was tired not because of playing badminton but because of picking the shuttle cock. I always miss hitting the shuttle cock. When I am the server, the shuttle cock went to different direction instead of going to Rodel’s area. Another thing that Rodel’s complaining about was that I am easy to get tired. I asked him twice for a break because I felt really tired. He explained to me that the reason why he wanted us to play badminton is to make me strong especially my bones. Bonding moments was another reason. Though really tired from playing, I don’t want to disappoint him. I understood that playing badminton is for my own good.

No comments: